Monday 8 June 2020

Hi there. I would love to report more on what I have been up to as far as writing and publishing goes as this is my writing blog, but I really can't. Everything is still Covid-19 and now racial discrimination. They both have devoured the headline news and rightfully so. It just doesn't leave much room for anything else to talk about.

I am still writing though even if it is slow. Added a couple of chapters to Bentley over the past weeks and am working through my last self edit of the fourth book in the Tannion Series - 'Tannion Future Past'. 

The racial discrimination news with the recent deaths and protests isn't new to this world. We don't seem to ever learn anything from our history, but things do change even if sometimes it is very slow. I have written a book on discrimination which I have tentatively called CCD, but it will eventually need a real title. A blurb about it is on this website, but it might never be published.

I am a self published author who doesn't sell many books. I would love to see all fifteen of my books in print, but that might never happen.  It costs more to publish them than I will ever get back in sales and at this point I can't afford to go ahead and publish them all. My main cost is editing as I do not want to put a  book out there that hasn't been professionally edited. I am always looking to make some sales and I will be paying to do some advertising this summer and will see how that goes. If I could get a book to break even I would be happy.

If anyone has any suggestions on places to advertise or ways to increase my sales, I would be grateful.

Sorry if this blog was a little disjointed and rambling, but I think that is me just moving with the times the way the world seems to be going.

By for now.

No comments:

Post a Comment