Monday 14 December 2020

 Hi there. It's another Monday morning and time keeps rolling on. We are in a big lockdown here as are many places around the world. Bars and restaurants are closed except for any takeout and delivery. Hair and nail salons are closed, but stores can stay open at 15% occupancy. I heard on the news of one hair salon that did thirteen days worth of business in the last four days. Not sure that helped the pandemic, but it must have helped their bottom line just a little.

We have been doing a lot of walking and more or less finished out Christmas shopping, but for the most part, it's the weather that will slow us down more than anything. It was a cold day yesterday, but this week it's supposed to be better. Might be able to get out into the mountains for a hike on Wednesday. 

I have almost completed the major genealogy project I have been working on. It has been a consolidating and organizing project and with it complete, I can get into the next phase. I am taking an online genealogy course as well and I hope to be able to spend more time on it. I have also been busy on EBAY with my collecting. You might have heard of the Wayne Gretzky rookie hockey card that sold for well over a million dollars. I have his rookie as well, but mine isn't in that good condition so is only worth in the hundreds.

The one thing that continues to take a back seat is my writing. Maybe when I get past the Christmas season and the genealogy work, I might get back into it. My plan of having the fourth book in the Tannion series published by the end of the year is up in smoke, but it isn't dead. I have already spent the money to have it edited which means the amount I need to spend to have it published is the lesser amount and it would be foolish to not get it done. That will give me something else to do in the new year.

That's it for now. Have a good week and talk again soon.


No comments:

Post a Comment