Monday 27 July 2020

Hi there. Another week in the books and this time I found enough time to say a few words. There are still only two things in the news and Covid-19 still leads. As we get a second wave here, our mayor decides in his wisdom that we need to have mandatory masks anywhere indoors. Needless to say I am not a fan.

I do believe that the virus isn't something to be played with or ignored, and I agree that social distancing and staying home if you are sick are good ideas and masks in tight confined areas can be a good idea as well, but once again, I need to be treated like a child and told what to do.

Masks may keep you from spitting on others and others from spitting into your mouth, but how close are we standing in the supermarket. How many times have I seen people with masks on, reach up and pull it down, adjust it, pull it up, or in one case, reach inside to make it more comfortable. Considering that, in my opinion, your hands are probably where the virus will be spread from, they contaminated their masks and increased the likelihood of catching the disease.

But no, our powers to be need to treat us all as children who are not capable of assessing the risk and taking the appropriate steps. If our health care system was in trouble, I might see this differently, but we have almost no one in an ICU.

Enough rant for now. I have been heading towards the conclusion of Bentley, the spin off novel from the Tannion series that I have been working on. Still far from the end, but it's coming together nicely. Publication of the fourth book in the Tannion series is on hold for a while. Not sure when, but still thinking this year, but it might be pushed to next year. Not a concern really as no one is waiting to read it except maybe my mother.

That's it for now. Have a good week and talk again soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment